QUALITY TECHNICAL AND VOCATIONAL EDUCATION AND TRAINING (TVET) FOR YOUTH (QUALITY) PROJECT - Phase I: Implementation of a new vocational training programme in Nepal (in consortium with Swisscontact, Switzerland)
The DEZA financed project aims to help Nepali youth, including those from disadvantaged groups, benefit from quality education and better employment prospects. Project partner are the Ministry of Education, Science and Technology (MoEST) and the Council for Technical Education and Vocational Training (CTEVT) at the Federal level, whereas, in the Provinces, the Ministry of Social Development/Education (MoSD/E) implements the project activities.
The project aims to reach 3 Outcomes:
- MoEST provides coherent national standards and procedures for TVET and monitors quality of their implementation.
- The Office for TVET in the Provinces implements the accreditation procedure and collaborate with Local Governments to manage TVET schools.
- TVET schools enrol and retain youth, including from disadvantaged groups, in quality TVET programmes.
- Direktion für Entwicklungszusammenarbeit (DEZA) des Schweizer Außenministeriums
- Concept development and implementation
- 01-09-22 – 31-08-26